- Call your bank and credit card firms immediately so they can put a stop on cards.
- If your mobile was stolen too – get it blocked as soon as possible.
- When you contact the police, take note of your crime reference number. You will need this for insurance purposes and your bank will ask for it.
- Make sure that your home insurance policy has the cover you need – especially personal possessions outside the home.
- Check your credit file and sign up to get regular updates from a firm such as Equifax or Experian – this will alert you to any fraudulent activity.
- Try not to carry around documents that have your name and address or other personal details.
You can find more information on crime prevention here: https://www.staffordshire.police.uk/crimeprevention
Staffordshire Victims Gateway
For advice and support call us on:
0330 0881 339