Criminal Injuries Compensation

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) deals with compensation claims from people who have been physically or psychologically harmed because they were the victim of a violent crime. The government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme sets the amounts for compensation and there are rules about which victims are eligible for the scheme.

You can apply for compensation if you or someone you know has been hurt in a violent crime in the past 2 years by completing an online form or ringing 0300 003 3601.

You will need the unique police reference number and, if you were treated for an injury, the doctor’s contact details.

Staffordshire Victims Gateway

can advise you or help you complete and application.
Tel: 0330 0881 339
We can also advise you on appealing if your application is refused.