Antisocial Behaviour

    What is Anti-social behaviour (ASB)?

    Anti-social behaviour is defined by the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014 generally as ‘behaviour causing harassment, alarm or distress to members or any member of the public’ and covers a wide range of behaviour affecting you or members of your community.

    Examples of ASB include:

    • Nuisance, rowdy or inconsiderate neighbours
    • Vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting
    • Street drinking
    • Environmental damage including littering, dumping of rubbish and abandonment of cars
    • Prostitution related activity
    • Begging and vagrancy
    • Fireworks misuse
    • Inconsiderate or inappropriate use of vehicles

    Download Our PDF Factsheet

    Antisocial Behaviour

    Reporting ASB

      If you believe that the ASB is being directed at you because of your disability; race; ethnicity or nationality; religious belief; sexual orientation or transgender identity; age; or gender then it may be a hate crime, and we can support you.

      If you are experiencing ASB, and it does not fall under any of the protected characteristics above, you should report the incident to the police.

      If you feel threatened, or if you or someone else is in danger, or if the anti-social behaviour is in progress, call 999

      Contacting Us

        If you report a crime to Staffordshire Police, they will ask you if you are happy for your details to be passed on to the Staffordshire Victim Gateway and Restorative Justice Service. We will automatically receive your contact information and a brief overview of your experience and the crime, if you don’t specify to Staffordshire Police that you don’t want us to make contact with you. If you initially opted out of the service, you can self-refer at any time.

        We can provide you with advice, information & emotional and practical support. We can liaise and advocate on your behalf, and introduce and support you to specialist services, who can help you gain the relevant support that can help in your recovery. We will be with you every step of the way. Our support is free and confidential, regardless of whether you have reported a crime or incident to the police, we are here to support you.

          Crime Prevention Information

            Additionally, it may also be useful for you to have advice on crime prevention that may help you to protect yourself in the future. You can find lots of useful information on local crime prevention by clicking here:

            or to report anti-social behaviour to Staffordshire Police:

            Is it an emergency?

              If you are in immediate danger and support is needed right away, call Staffordshire Police on 999

              If you feel it is a non-emergency, you can log incidents that have happened by calling Staffordshire Police on 101

              If you have a hearing impairment, you can use their textphone service on 18001 101